Florida Immigration Attorneys

Non-immigrant Visa for a Spouse with a Pending Form I-130

Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, is the immigration form which allows an American citizen or legal permanent resident to register his or her non-citizen spouse for the purpose of applying for a green card, to gain lawful permanent residency here in the U.S. In cases where the non-citizen spouse has already gained legal entry into the states, an adjustment of status will need to be filed along with the Form I-130 petition to start the green card process.

Should you wish to have your spouse and his or her children be admitted to the U.S. prior to obtaining a final decision on the Petition for Alien Relative, they may be able to apply for entry through a K-3 or K-4 nonimmigrant visa. Your spouse must, among other things, show proof of your marriage and documentation of a pending Form I-130. The children may be eligible providing they are unmarried, under the age of 21 and can clearly show they are the child of a K-3 nonimmigrant visa applicant. There are numerous forms and petitions involved in the immigration process, so it is advised that you obtain skilled legal representation to help you. Any error in documentation or filing could result in the denial of your spouse's visa and petition. This would mean that you and your family could be separated for a long period of time, and sorting out the issues can be a lengthy process.

Our founding attorney began his legal career in a prominent role with the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). After spending more than 25 years with the INS, Robert Brown decided to go into private practice and founded our firm so that he could use his knowledge in the field of immigration law to provide legal guidance to those individuals seeking temporary or permanent entry into the United States. Since that time, our attorneys have built a reputation as powerful advocates for immigrant rights. We understand all that is at stake in the immigration process, and we are committed to providing each person we serve with unmatched professional counsel. We take pride in the fact that we have helped families to stay together and build a life in the USA. To find out how an Orlando immigration attorney from our firm can help you and your family, callBrown Immigration Law right away.