Florida Immigration Attorneys

Can I Change Status Without Having to Leave the United States?

If you are currently in the United States on a temporary, non-immigrant visa you may be eligible to apply for a change of status without having to leave the country providing that certain conditions are met. Do not attempt to navigate this particular immigration process on your own. There is a lot of complex paperwork and evidence that must be gathered to document eligibility in these types of cases and, all it would take is one wrong application or a simple mistake for your change of status request to be denied.

Obtaining legal counsel from a Winter Park immigration lawyer atBrown Immigration Law will give you a distinct advantage in the application process. Our founding lawyer has earned an AV Preeminent® Rating by Martindale-Hubbell® and has also worked on both sides of the immigration process so is well aware of what the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) will require. With a quick review of your status we will be able to conclusively inform you of your eligibility and assist you with the meticulous preparation and timely submission of your application.

To qualify for a change of status, you must have been legally admitted to the United States on a non-immigrant visa and your visa must be current. Your request for change of status will need to be submitted prior to the expiration date shown on your I-94 arrival form or else you will become ineligible due to having overextended your authorized stay. None of the conditions laid out by your initial status can have been violated and you must not have committed any crimes which would put your eligibility in jeopardy. As each immigration case is different, we recommend you call our law firm and schedule to meet with one of our skilled lawyers as soon as possible. Taking immediate action can help prevent the need for you to leave the country or face deportation. We await your call.