If you are interested in coming to the United States for the purpose of attending college, university or a trade school program, you may be wondering what the requirements are for obtaining a student visa. There are two types of visa categories which can be used by individual wanting to study in the U.S. and these are the M-1 student visa. M-1 visas are for those individuals who will be attending vocational training programs or other non-academic programs. To qualify for a student visa,
- You must have been accepted in and officially enrolled as a full-time student in an academic or vocational program.
- The school you are planning to attend must have the approval of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Student and Exchange Visitors Program.
- You must either be proficient in the English language or you must be enrolled in classes leading to proficiency.
- You must have the financial means necessary to support yourself for the duration of the time necessary for you to complete your studies.
- You will be required to maintain residency abroad throughout the duration of your studies.
Individuals who meet the above requirements will be able to submit an application for a M-1 visa. Applying for a student visa may appear to be a simple task, however the immigration process can often be extremely complex. A Winter Park immigration lawyer from our firm stands ready to guide you through the immigration process so as to assist you in obtaining the outcome you seek. All it takes is one simple mistake on an application process for your visa request to be denied. Why put yourself and your future at risk when help is just a phone call away? ContactBrown Immigration Law immediately so that we can review your case and advise you on to proceed.