Florida Immigration Attorneys
Contact Us About Your Legal Matter Today 321.208.7324
Helping Individuals, Families, and Companies in Immigration Matters Our Dedicated Attorneys Are Ready to Help You

Extensions to Stay in the U.S.

Winter Park & Orlando Immigration Attorneys

Foreign nationals who are in the United States with a non-immigrant visa may lengthen the duration of their visit by applying for an extension of stay. As non-immigrant visits only allow for a temporary amount of time in the U.S., foreign nationals are given a specific date for when they must leave the country.

If you or a loved one wishes to remain in the country beyond this date, you must ask the USCIS for permission to stay, or risk deportation. Robert Brown LLC has helped numerous clients file for extensions, and our immigration legal team will assist anyone who is interested in extending their stay in the United States in a timely and competent manner.

Who can apply for extensions?

You may apply for an extension of your visit to the United States if:

  • You were lawfully admitted into the country with a non-immigrant visa
  • The non-immigrant visa status remains valid
  • No crimes that would make you ineligible have been committed
  • The conditions of your admission were not violated
  • You passport is valid and will remain valid for the duration of your stay

You may not apply for an extension if you were admitted into the U.S. in the following categories:

  • Visa Waiver Program.
  • Crew member (D non-immigrant visa)
  • In transit through the U.S. (C non-immigrant visa)
  • In transit through the U.S. without a visa (TWOV)
  • Fiancé of a U.S. citizen or dependent of a fiancé (K non-immigrant visa)
  • Informant on terrorism or organized crime (S non-immigrant visa)

The USCIS recommends that applications for extensions be filed at least 45 days before an authorized stay expires. Applications require specific forms, depending on the original purpose of a visit. This means that non-immigrant workers must have their employer file Form I-129, and other non-immigrant categories, including temporary and exchange visitors, must complete Form I-539. There are also numerous documentary requirements and proof of eligibility requirements needed in order to be granted an extension.

Our firm's experienced immigration lawyers can help you determine which forms must be completed, as well as assist you in effectively providing evidence that you meet the requirements for an extension. We will also help those interested in filing a change of status, which can allow for changes of a non-immigrant status and longer periods of stay.

Extend Your Stay with Robert Brown LLC

The experience and knowledge of our Winter Park immigration lawyers provides unique in-depth insight not available at other immigration law firms. With the assistance of attorney Robert Brown, Rising Stars℠ Rishi Oza and Aleksandar Cuic and attorney Erin Brown, your situation will be thoroughly evaluated and you can quickly take the steps toward having your stay extended by the USCIS.

For more information about extending your stay, or the visit of a loved one, contact Robert Brown LLC as soon as possible.

Contact Robert Brown LLC

You Deserve a Personalized Legal Solution
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.

Our Blog

Recent Posts
  • USCIS Temporarily Suspended Adjudication of H-2B Petitions Following Court Order; Court Restarts Adjudications Temporarily

    March 4, 2015, the US District Court, Northern District of Florida in Perez v. Perez , No. 3:14-cv-682 (N.D. Florida, Mar. 4, 2015). Granted Plaintiff ...

    Continue Reading
  • Announcement Kathryn P. Russell Joins Robert Brown LLC

    Kathryn P. Russell, Esquire - Joins Robert Brown LLC Attorney Kathryn P. Russell received her Juris Doctorate Cum Laude from Cleveland-Marshall ...

    Continue Reading
  • H-1B, H4, H1B Nurses

    H-1B The Specialty Occupation H-1B visa will open for filing on Wednesday April 1, 2015 with the earliest eligible employment date of October 1, 2015. ...

    Continue Reading